The Business of Photography 101
When I started my business in 2013 I had one goal; to be home with my son as much as possible. I saw my love of photography as a viable way to make this happen, but how? How could I replace my very well-payed career with photography?!
What if the market is too saturated?
What if I’m not good enough to make it?
What if people don’t think my prices are worth it?
What if I can’t access the right market?
I spent the next two years building my business, making mistakes, and learning from them. I built packages and then rebuilt them. I learned how to market and find the clients that valued what I provided. I rebranded and found consistency in my client experience.
Two years to the date of my maternity leave beginning, I quit my nine-to-five. I had replaced my income. It is possible.
When I first started teaching I focused primarily on product sales. I realized quickly that what I was actually teaching was more about client experience and business and could therefore be applied to any form of photography business.
What I Offer:
- Brand Discovery: Finding yourself in your work and showcasing a consistent message to clients
- Client Discovery: Finding the right clients for you that will embrace your style.
- SEO Foundations: Blogging, Advertising, Google Dashboard, and more. We’ll cover maximizing your marketing while minimizing the cost.
- Client Experience: Together we will create a unique client experience for you to offer your clients. IPS or Online galleries; I can help you figure out what works best for you.
- Marketing Materials: Where to find them and how to use them.
- Website Overhaul: I will walk you through maximizing your website to attract the most potential clients. Customized feedback and guidance will be provided as we ensure your website displays your work in the best way possible.
- A Four Week Intensive Course. We will meet weekly via Skype to discuss each aspect of your business. We will cover all of the topics listed above.
- Customized business plan. Together we will create a business plan with realistic goals.
- Continued support throughout the year. I’ll be there to help you as you implement your new business system.
I only take on two students a month. To get more information on creating the business you really want, please use the contact form below! Thank you and I look forward to helping you on your journey!